Evangelist Samari, 57, was with the Good News Church (GNC) Maiduguri and was reportedly killed at his Mafoni residence at exactly 6.30pm.
An eyewitness said the evangelist, who equally repairs wrist watches at the Post Office Area of the town was trailed to his house by two gunmen, after closing from work.
The witness also said the evangelist had sometimes this year received a stern warning from men suspected to be members of the Boko Haram sect, asking him to vacate his residence.
He said though the evangelist discussed the threat to few people that were close to him, but he however dismissed it, saying “it is the Almighty God that protects. I leave everything in the hands of God.”
Confirming the incident, the Borno State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Gideon Jibrin, said the reports of the killing in Mafoni ward was received on Tuesday morning.
He said Mafoni is one of the black spots identified by the joint task force and police.
“It is a place where some members of the Boko Haram sect use as a hideout and from where they launch attacks on other parts of Maiduguri metropolis, “Jubrin stated.
- Embrace Islam or resign, Boko Haram tells Jonathan -Your demand laughable - President
- BREAKING NEWS: Nigeria Violence Kills Over 100 Christians (Update 2)
- Muslims Slaughter, 52 Killed in Christian Villages in Central Nigeria Murder Raids
- Terrorists in Syria Hang Shiite Child after Killing Family Members
- Pakistan: Muslim father axes his wife and daughters to death in honor killing
- Assam, India: Bodo tribe, Muslim clashes kill at least 35, displace 170,000
- Woman, children beheaded in Afghan "honour killing"
- Pakistanis kill man accused of insulting Koran
- Parashah Beha'aloscha - "When you set up" / Bamidbar (Numbers) 8:1 - 12:16
- My 'confession', please don't 'attack' me with something else......