By Katherine Weber , Christian Post Reporter
October 3, 2012|1:10 pm
Multiple sources have confirmed that about 25 to 30 Christian college students were massacred at a university in northeastern Nigeria late Monday night, causing Christians to pray for a "change of heart" among the extremist Islamist group Boko Haram to put a stop to the continued violence.While there is speculation as to the motive of the massacre, sources close to the human rights watchdog Open Doors USA confirm that the massacre was performed by Boko Haram.
Emily Fuentes, the communications and public relations coordinator for Open Doors who recently visited Nigeria and spoke to Christian leaders about Boko Haram, told The Christian Post that believers around the world can agree that prayer is the "only thing that will change the people of Boko Haram."
"There are people who are turning to Christ who used to be in the Boko Haram, and God is changing their hearts," Fuentes told CP.
- Suspected Boko Haram Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri,Nigeria
- My 'confession', please don't 'attack' me with something else......
- Ah... Hillary the Muhammad Film You Called "Disgusting and Reprehensible" is Based on Islamic Sources
- Embrace Islam or resign, Boko Haram tells Jonathan -Your demand laughable - President
- Inside the Muslim Mindset - What is Forbidden - Versus Western Law Norms
- Muslim Brotherhood 'Moderate' Spokesperson in the West - Takes Different Tone in Egypt - Video
- Exploring Hillary Clinton's Sticky Icky Connection w/ Muslim Brotherhood Sister Huma Abedin
- Behind Muslim "Hurt Feelings" Is Islamic Law
- Christians Being "Cleansed" in the Middle East
- Obama Administration's War on Persecuted Christians